This recipe has been selected for VYSYA VANI Magazine in JUNE 2008 contest. I was really happy on that day when i saw my post in NRI vysya vani.
- Pudhina- 1 bunch
- Rice- 1 cup
- Green chillies- 8-10(depends on the spice level u eat)
- Cinnamon-1 inch
- ginger- 1 piece small
- Garlic- 4 flakes
- Onion- 1 chopped lengthwise
- Peas- 50 gms(boiled)
- Coriander leaves- ¼ bunch
- Oil- 1 tbspn ( u can add butter also instead of oil- Optional)
- Salt- to taste
- First make 1 cup of rice separately and keep aside. I normally use Basamti Rice as it gives good flavor. You can use sona massouri or any other rice also for doing this.
- Grind above said items-ginger, green chillies, coriander, Ginger, garlic, and also cinnamon and cloves powder and keep aside.
- Fry chopped Pudhina in some oil and keep it aside.
- Take oil or butter in a separate pan. Add jeera, onion and fry them for some time. Add the above grinded mixture and let it cook for a while. Finally add peas and pudhina leaves(fried one). Add salt. After it cools down. Add that whole mixture in to the rice and mix it thoroughly. Serve it with Raitha…Its an option..
Nutritional Value:- Mint is good for health. Mint is well known for its ability to sooth the digestive tract and reduce the severity and length of stomach aches.Its an anti cancer food. Not much masala items in this rice.Easy to cook
Duration to prepare this item:- 30 mins