One of my favNorth Indian food. Never had this when I was in India, as we south Indians generally dont make at home. Learnt it from one of my north Indian friend back in Germany.
Rajma is rich in protiens and helathy too.
- Rajma- 1 cup
- Onion- 2 small
- Fresh tomatoes- 3
- Ginger garlic paste-1tspn
- Red chilli powder-1 tspn
- Dhaniya powder- 1 tspn
- Jeera powder- 1 tspn
- Kastoori methi - 1 tspn
- Green chillies-3
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Cream-1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Soak Rajma atleast 6-8 hrs or overnight
- Boil rajma in a pressure cooker by adding red chilli powder,salt and ginger pieces
- Make a paste out of onion and green chillies.
- Take a pan.Add oil .Add onion paste and giner garlic paste. fry till the oil separates.
- Add fresh chopped tomatoes and fry them in a medium flame.
- Add all the above said powders.cook for a little while.
- Add boiled Rajma.
- Add fresh cream and stir. finally garnish it with coriander leaves.