- This pulao is simple and favorite to me and many veggie lovers. I make this pulao with many variations, sometime just simple with adding less masala spices (the way my MIL taught me),they call it as White pulao. I some how like some spices to be added in this pulao.
1 cup Basmati Rice 1 cup Beans 1/2 cup carrot 10 number Cashewnut optional 1/4 bunch Cilantro/Coriander leaves 3 tsp curd 1/4 piece Fresh ginger to taste Garam Masala (Cloves, Cinnamon, Bay leaves, Elaichi) 1 tsp Garlic paste 4 number Green Chillies 1/2 cup Green Peas 1/2 bunch Mint 20 ml oil 1 number Onion 1 number potato
- Saute the garam masala in ghee for about 3 minutes & let it cool.
- Soak rice for 20 mins
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee & saute the onion for few minutes.
- Add the vegetables one by one & salt & allow them to cook until they are soft adding little amount of water .
- When the vegetables are cooked ,add the herbs & stir fry till the raw smell leaves.
- Add soaked rice.
- Add the masala & the vegetables to the rice and mix.
- Add saffron color
- swich on the rice cooker .
- Garnish with roasted cahewnuts & mint leaves.