It is like street food in Bangalore. Every Darshinis( Food Joints) has it on its menu.
Its simple to make and great to taste.
Rava - 1 cup
Onions - 1 chopped
Tomatoes - 1
Salt- to Taste
Ghee/ oil- 1 tbspn
Green chillies - 6
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 6 flakes
Poppy seeds - 2 tsp
Oil + ghee - 2 tbsp( ghee optional)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1”
- -Heat oil & ghee in a kadai & temper as given.
- -Then add curry leaves & onions.When the onions are transparent, add the ground masala & Turmeric
- -Add 2.5 cups of water
- -When it comes to boil, lower the flame & sprinkle the rava.Cook on a very slow flame.
- -Cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces and add in to the ravva.
- -Stir carefully so that the tomatoes are not mashed.
- -Add lime juice to taste. Garnish it with coriander leaves
- - Pour 1 tbsp of ghee all over & serve hot.