I happen to see my friends blog. Usha had made bread canapes. i just loved it.
it cameout really good. kids will enjoi it too. made this snack for my friend when she had come for a playdate with swanu.
- 1 mashed boiled potato
- ¼ cup chopped Beans
- ¼ cup chopped Carrots
- ½ small chopped Onion
- 1 tspn green chilli paste
- 1 tspn- ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 5-6 Bread Slices
- Butter to butter the slices
- ½ cup grated Cheese ( mozzarella )
- Boil the potato and chop the vegetables.
- In a pan add onions and garlic paste, beans, carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add salt, green chilli paste, mashed potato, mix and cook for another 3-5 minutes until beans & carrots are tender and potato is fried. Don’t forget to stir in between to avoid burning.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the crust of the bread and butter them OR butter them and then remove the crust.Cut the bread slice into 4 square pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper or aluminium foil. Place the bread slices on the baking tray. Spread ½ – ¾ tsp of vegetable mixture on the slices. Top them off with grated cheese.
- Bake them in 350 F oven for 8- 10 minutes or until the cheese melts on the canapes. Oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. Check on the canapes 5-6 minutes into baking. Serve hot with ketchup or any chilli sauce. Kids will love this snack