Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My first creation from Wilton's Cake Decorating Classes



I was fascinated by seeing my friends cakes pictures when they share their variety and colorful cake pics. After experimenting variety of cakes for Swanu's monthly birthdays, i wanted to learn decorating the cake. My friend suggested me to learn from Micheals. This is the best time for me to learn some thing new as i have some time for myself. I enrolled myself in to Wiltons cake decorating classes. Here is my first creation to make icing on a cake that i learned from my second class.




Ingredients (for Cake):-

3- Eggs

3 tbsp- milk

1 tspn- Vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups - sifted cake flour ( I used All purpose Flour)

1 tspn- Baking Powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup (150 grams) -granulated white sugar

13 tablespoons (185 grams)-unsalted butter





Method:-

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven.

In a medium bowl lightly combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds or until blended. Add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about one minute to aerate and develop the cake's structure. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake's structure.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.

Will keep, well wrapped, several days at room temperature, about one week when refrigerated, or it can be frozen for two months.

Source:-http://www.joyofbaking.com/PoundCake.html

Icing recipe:- From my wilton instructor :-)


No comments: