Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gongura pacchadi


Gongura pacchadi. One of my fav Andhra pacchadi. I got this recipe from my friend Jaya. She had done thsi in one of her potlucks. Everyone at the party liked it so much. The next day itself she gave me the recipe and i asked my hubby to get fresh gongura leaves from the Indian grocery.






Ingredients:-
Gongura leaves( Red sorrel leaves)- 1 bunch
Jeera- 1 spn
Coriander seeds- 1/2 tspn
Dry coconut- 1 tspn
Red chillies- 4
groundnuts-handful
Green Chillies- 4
uradh dhal- 1/2 tspn
Fried channa- 1 tspn
Garlic- 3 flakes
Sesame seeds powder-1/4 tspn(optional)



Method:-

Separate the gongura leaves from the stalks and let it be dry. Add oil in a apan. Fry each of the above items separately and keep it aside.
Blend all of them coarsely and add tempering with mustard seeds, uradh dhal. Finally sprinkle sesame seeds powder.

This goes very well with Hot rice and ghee/oil

1 comment:

Madhavi said...

Hey,

What is Gongura ??