Side dish for Pulaos, ghee rice and Biriyanis. It goes extremely well with them. This will be by entry for the next potlock in my friends house. I referred Vahrehvah for this recipe. He has shown it in a simple way. Just follow his video, you will never go wrong.
I have used Banana peppers to make this dish. you can add thai chillies or capsicum or brinjal to make this dish
Banana Peppers- 8-10
Groundnuts- 1 tbspn
Sesame seeds- 1 tspn
cumin seeds- 1 tspn
Dry coconut powder- 1 tbspn
red chilli powder- 1 tspn
cumin powder- 1 tspn
fenugreek seeds-1/4 tspn
ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tspn
Hing( asafoetida)- pinch
curds(1 small cup)
Tamarind pulp- 1 tbspn
Jaggery or sugar-1 tspn
Turmeric- 1/4 tspn
Cinnamon- 1 inch
salt - to taste
oil- 1 tbspn
- Add some oil in to pan and roast groundnuts, sesame seeds. when it turns in to golden color add dry coco powder and keep it aside to cool down.Blend it in to smooth paste by adding little water and set aside.
- In a separate pan, Add oil. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardomom and fenugreek seeds.
- Add chopped onion and fry in a medium flame until it turns transparent. Add little salt, hing and little turmeric and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add curry leaves and some water. Add all teh powders( red chilli, cumin, coriander) and fry it for some more time. Cook until teh oil oozes out. add some more water if required.
- Add curds in to it and stir it together. Next, add groundnut sesame coco paste. cook for about 10 mins ina medium flame.
- Finally add tamarind pulp and some jaggery.
- Finally add the slit banana peppers in to the boling sauce and cook for about 15 mins in a low flame .
- Serve hot with any rice.