I miss my home town a lot when i think of this snack. There is a place called anandi angadi( Snack shop) which is really famous for these chaats. He used to do ghee bhel, nippat masala, chakli masala, tomoato slice,bhoondhi masala, chips masala... what not... slurp.......... my mouth is watering.
My MIL left to India and befor going she made nippattus and stored it in a container for us to have for evening snacks. I tried out one fine evening to make this Anandhi special( Home town Chaat)Nippattu Masala.
Onion chopped finely
Red chilli powder
Pudina coriander chutney or any green spicy chutney
Crushed roasted peanuts
- Place Nippattus on a hard plate. I have used steel plate here. Apply ghee on it .
- Spread some pudina/coriander chutney and meeta on top of it.
- Sprinkle it with salt and jeera powder and red chilli powder.
- Add chopped onion and grated carrot little.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and puffed rice.
Take a flat hard surface plate and press on this nippat.Remove the plate and transfer it slowly in to a serving plate