I used to always do vangibath instant style,using ready made vangibath powder. This used to be like a quick dish and taste also used to be so- la -la. My hubby likes the way it is made in my Mom in law's home. Here I got the recipe recently from my MIL and I am posting it here for all the vangibath lovers:-)
Brinjals- 500 gms
Daniya- 2 tbspns
Kashmiri red chillies-3
Uradh dhal- 2tbspn
Channa dal- 2tbspn
Dry coconut- 2 tbspn
Home made garam masala powder- 1tspn
Tamarind pulp or lemon juice- depends on taste. I use lemon juice
Rice- 1 cup
Salt- to taste
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
- Cook rice and keep it aside. spread it on a wide dish and let it cool.
- Dry roast urad dal, channa dal, daniya and Redchillies in a pan.Switch off the flame. Add dry coco powder finally in to it. let it cool. Grind it in to coarse powder and keep it aside.
- In a separate pan, add oil. Add mustard seeds, jeera and urad dal, Channa dal, hing and curry leaves. Once it splitters, add chopped brinjals and fry it in medium flame until it becomes soft.
- Place the fried Brinjals on rice. spread and mix it aloing with the coarse grounded powder.
- Add salt and garam masala powder. mix it well.
- Add fried cashwenuts(optional)
- Garnish it with coriander leaves