They call it Borugulu for puffed rice in my place( Telugu). South Indian snack that can be stored in air tight container for atleast a month and you can relish it as a quick snack anytime.
Puffed Rice- 250 gms
Garlic pods- Chopped 1/2 cup
peanuts- 2 tbspns
Fried channa dal- 2 tbspns
Mustard seeds- 1 tspn
Red chilli powder- 2 tbspns
Salt- to taste
- In a wide wok, take some oil. Heat it in a medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and garlic pods, fry for 2 mins.
- Add fried channa dalia and peanuts. Fry until it all becomes crispy.
- Add red chilli powder and salt.
- Add Curry leaves and mix it well.
- Finally Add puffed rice and mix it until the spicy mixture coats well and it gets warmed enough.
- Take it away from flame. Let it cool and store it in air tight container and use it as a quick snack for atleast a month