Monday, October 27, 2008

Thappadbillalu

This dish is straight  from my Grandmom (Ammamma in telugu) . I am eating this delicacy  since my childhood during summer holidays. My grand mom prepares it really well.I miss her when I ever I cook this dish. All her 8 Grand children extremely likes this special dish. You can make this as a breakfast or an evening snack too. KIDS will love it Ingredients:-
Tur dal- 1/2 cup rice- 1/2- Cup Salt- to taste Grated coconut-2 tspns Oil-1 tspn water-1.5 cup

Method:-
1.Make a coarse mixture out of tur dhaal and rice. Keep it aside.
2.Add water in a deep vessel and keep it for boiling by adding salt and oil.
3. Add grated coconut in to the water.
4.when water boils add the mixture slowly and stir is with a long wooden stick firmly.
5. Make small Pattis out of it and shallow fry it on a pan on both the sides.
6. serve it with onion chutney. Sending this to Divya @ DILSE for

My Legume Love Affair (MLLA #28) - Event

2 comments:

Purva Desai said...

First time to this delcious blog....Thappadbillalu is new for me. But i am sure its one healthy snack...and looks inviting too.

suchitra said...

interesting dish shruthi..will give it a try