I got this recipe from one of my north Indian friend in Munich.
This recipe is in my recipe book from past 2 yrs.
Yummy Punjabi dish which goes very well with Basmati rice and Rotis.
This dish is very famous in Dhabas. Try out this recipe, i am sure you will never miss Indian dhabas.
Black Urad dal - 1 cup
Rajmah - 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds - For seasoning
Ginger garlic paste- 3/4 tspn
Chopped ginger - 1.5 inch
Garam masala powder - 1 tspn
whipped cream - 1/2 cup
Red chili powder - 1 tspn
Butter - 50 gms
Tomato puree- 3/4 cup
Chopped onion -1
Oil - 1-2 tspn
Salt - to taste
1. Wash and soak black urad whole and rajmah overnight in water.
2. Cook the soaked dal and rajmah with salt, red chili powder and chopped ginger till dal and rajmah are cooked/soft in prssure cooker.
3. Heat oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, let it crackle. Add chopped onions and cook till golden brown in color.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and tomato puree. Sauté till the puree starts to leave the masala. Add boiled dal and rajma to this. Correct seasoning.
5. Add Garam Masala Powder and red chilli powder and simmer at very slow flame for 15 minutes
6. Add fresh cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with Basmati rice or rotis.