Healthier version of Paneer butter Masala.
I love paneer, but my hubby does not like paneer. So tried making this dish with tofu. which is extremely healthy and tastier than paneer.Tofu is found in Asian stores. It is made out of soya milk.
- Oil – 30ml (2 small tbsp)
- Onions – 2 (medium sized) – Chopped
- Green Chillies – 6
- Tomatoes puree- 1 cup
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Cashenuts- 8-10( soak in warm water)
- Milk – 150ml
- Tofu – 200gm (cubed)
- Butter- 1 tspn
- Coriander –(chopped finely) – to garnish
- Soak the cashew nuts in warm water.
- Add 1 small tbsp of oil in a pan and heat it
- When the oil is heated up, add cinnamon pieces, cloves and roast until the raw smell leaves.
- When the oil is heated up, add the chopped onions and green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for 3-4 min until the onions turn transparent.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook for few min,until it whoozes out oil
- Add salt, garam masala, red chilli powder and milk, bring to boil.
- Blend the soaked cashews along with the water and grind to a paste.add it to the heating mixture.
- Finally add the tofu cubes and cook for 2min and 1 tspn of butter turn & off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Your yummy Tofu curry is ready to serve with rotis or chapathis