Thursday, August 12, 2010
China Grass Halwa
China grass[ Chopped small pieces]- 1 cup
Jaggery- powdered- 1.25 cup
Milk- 3 cups
water- 1 cup
Roasted almonds and cashwentuts- 2tspn
1. First cut the china grass in to small pieces and keep aside
2.Add water in to china grass and keep it on medium flame for boiling.
3. when it dissolves. add jaggery and keep stirring in a low flame.
4. Finally add BOILED HOT MILK in to the mixture and stir it. you will see milk kind of curdling. Take out from flame and pour it in small cups.
5. It will take 15 mins to 30 mins get halwa consistency.
6. Finally you can add roasted almonds and Cashwenuts on Halwa.
Note:- This dish tastes excatly like ginnu( the sweet made out of cows lactating cow's milk), therfore it is called ginnu kadabu in kannada.