Its my sweethearts birthday time.... had enough of monthly birthdays of my little one, now i wanted to bake a special cake for some one really special. I made this cake on 24th sep. it came out simply awesome...i was simply surprised to see myself at the final product.
And i was really proud of it when i ended up getting comments from my friends who tasted this on 25th sep. I am glad that my wilton classes are put in to use.
For the cake ( I used one 8 "inch and the other is 9 "inch size )
All purpose flour- 2 cups
Sugar- 1 1/2 cup
Baking soda- 1 tspn
Milk- 1 1/2 cup
vanilla extract- 1 tspn
unsweetened cocoa powder-2 tbspn
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 10mins.
- Sieve together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar. When they are well mixed, add eggs. Beat well. Add milk and stir together
- Add the flour mixture little by little.
- Pour the mix in a greased oven proof dish. (I used two baking dishes and divided the mixture accordingly). Bake at 350F for about 30mins or till a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for atleast 1-2 hrs and keep it aside. you dont want to ice the cake when it is hot.
For the filling:
1 1/2 heavy whipping cream
2 tea spns vanilla extract
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
chocolate baking bar- grated
1 tbsp lime juice
½ tbsp Sugar
3/4 cup Water
- Use a hand mixer to whip the cream and sugar by adding vanilla extract.
- Mix all together and beat till soft peaks form.keep aside the cream.
- meanwhile mix the sugar syrup and pour on the cake( poke holes by using fork it absorbs more syrup). set aside the first cake and slowly layer the cake with cream on it as shown in the picture above. add some cherries on top of it.
- Place the second cake on top of it. Repeat the sugar syrup procedure again and apply a thick layer of cream on to it.
- Decorate with cherries and chocolate crumbs.