You can have it as a side dish or a evening snack too. I remember mom making thsi for our evening snack sometimes as it is healthier also compared to fried stuffs.
I made this sundal with a slight twist by adding mango pieces. It gives a tangy taste .
Black Channa-1 cup
Mango- 1( Sliced in to thin pieces)
Green chilli paste- 1 tspn
urad dhal- 1 tspn
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tspn
Asafoetida- 1/4 tspn
Salt- to taste
Oil- 1 tbspn
- Soak Black channa for atleast 6-8 hrs or overnight.
- Boil it in a pressure cooker and keep it aside
- In a separate pan, Add oil.Add mustard seeds. once it splutters. Add urad dhal fry for some more time and asafoetida.Add green chilli paste .
- Add the boiled black channa and cook it for 2-3 mins. Add salt
- Take out from the flame and add thinly sliced mango pieces. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with rice or just have it as a snack!!!!