I spent my childhood in a Joint Family. One advantage to taste variety of food from different places. This recipe is from North Karnataka. My Aunt from Gangavathi used to do this back home.
Rice flour- 1 cup
Salt- to Taste
Water- 1.5 cups
Moong dal- 1 cup
coconut- 1/2 cup(Grated)
Salt- to taste
Lemon juice- to taste
Add 1.5 cups of water in a bowl. when it starts boiling Add rice flour in to it. let it boil in low flame for 15 mins. Stir together and take out from the flame. Press it gently and make small size patties(25 paise coin size:-) as shown below in the picture
Now boil 3 cups of water and add rice flour patties in to it. let it remain in hot water for 3-4 mins. Take out after it becomes little soft.
Now for the Soup:-
- Boil moong Dal in a pressure cooker and keep it aside.
- Make a paste out of green chillies, coconut, salt and coriander.
- Add this paste in to the boiled dal and keep it on a medium flame.
- Add some more water in to it to get a soup consistency. when it is boiling add the rice flour patties and boil it for couple of mins.
- Add salt and adjust to your taste.
- Finally take out from the flame and add lemon juice and your seasoning with Cumin seeds and curry leaves.