Sending this to " THANK YOU MOM" event organised by Satya
During my childhood days, I had heard of pani puri, bhel puri, masala puri.
Ragada pattice is the first chaat I tasted in Shanthi sagar in Bangalore-Rajajinagar during my high school days. From then, mom used to make this special chaat during weekends when i used to visit home. This is one of my fav evening time snack.
For the patties:-
Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Salt to taste
For the Ragada(Curry):-
Dry peas- 1 large cup( Soak it overnight in water)
Garlic- 4 flakes
Coriander- 1/2 bunch
Jeera- 1 tspn
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tspn
Dhaniya powder-1/2 tspn
Pressure cook potatoes and mash them and keep it aside. Grind green chillies and coriander in to paste by adding little salt. Put the paste in to the mashed potato and make small balls out of it .
Flatten them as patties and shallow fry them on a pan by adding oil.
- Pressure cook dry peas by adding salt.
- Grind all the masala ingredients along with ginger, garlic and coriander leaves and keep it aside.
- Take a wide pan. Add oil in to the pan. Add Jeera and tomatoes. Fry for some time.
- Add the grounded masala and fry for 2-3 mins until masala gets cooked well in the oil.
- Add the boiled peas and mash some of them in the curry and keep boiling it. Finally add salt.
Place the fried patties on a plate. Add required amount of ragada(curry) on top of the patties.
Top it up with tamarind chutney, curds and finely chopped onions and serve hot