Sabudana- 1 cup
Moong Dal- 1/2 cup
Green chillies- 8
Mustard seeds-1/2 tspn
Jeera- 1/2 tspn
Coriander leaves-for garnishing
Grated coocnut- for garnishing
Lemon juice- 1 tbspn
Salt- to taste
- Soak Sabudana for atleast 5-6 hrs in enough water.
- If you are planning to make thsi upma in teh evening. Soak it in morning or if you are planning to do it for breakfast soak it night only.
- Boil water in a bowl.Add Moong dal. Let it cook 3/4. Dal should not become mushy. Strain it and keep it aside. Make sure there is not much water left inside dal.
- Add oil in a deep pan. Add seasoning with mustard seeds, Jeera, hing, curry leaves.
- Add Green chillies. Fry for some time. Add Sabudana and fry for 2-3 mins until the sabudana pearls fades in to different color. Add salt and keep frying.
- Finally add moong dal and mix it gently.Turn off the stove,
- Add lemon juice. Mix it well. Garnish it with Coriander leaves and grated coconut