Dum Biriyani made in layers. Tastes special and better than normal veg pulao. It takes approx 1 hour for there whole process of doing this dish.
Red Chili Powder
Mint ( Pudina leaves )
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak Rice for half an hour.
- Take a Big vessel. Pour more water and add lemon, chopped pudina leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Add soaked rice when it comes to boil and cook until rice is done. Drain and keep aside.
- Take Tomatoes, Onions, Coconut, Green chillies, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, Coriander leaves and grind it.
- Take some more Onions and cut them into long thin pieces.
- Dice all the vegetables – Potatoes, Carrots and Beans
- Take a kadai and heat some oil and deep fry onions. Make them golden brown and crispy and keep it aside.
- For the remaining oil add all the diced vegetables and fry for 5 – 10 minutes and add all the powders – Turmeric, Red – chilly and Daniya powder and fry for some more time.
- Then add the paste – Grinded ones and salt and let it cook until raw smell is gone.
- Once gravy is also done. Take a cooker and grease it with ghee and make a bed of rice and on that make a gravy layer and on that put some fried onions and chopped pudina and cover this with one more layer of rice and if you are left with some more gravy and rice go for another layers. Finally once you are done with layers sprinkle Safforn milk/ plain milk ( half a glass would do) and close the lid and cook it on a low flame and do not keep the valve closed.
- Cook for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Dum Briyani is ready to sever.