Friday, July 11, 2008

Vegetable puffs

VEGETABLE PUFFS were one of the best Indian bakery snack. when i got this opportunity of making them at home. wow, its so easy to do with the ready made puff sheets.


The above sheets you get it in KROGER, WALLMART or any other supermarkets in frozen section.

Ingredients:-

  • Mix vegetables[ Carrot,Capsicum,potato,beans,peas]
  • Chilli powder
  • Garam masala powder
  • Dhania powder
  • salt
  • Chat masala
  • Coriander leaves
  • Egg white[optional]
  • Lemon juice-little
Method:-

  • Boil all the above veggies said.
  • Take a pan. Add oil. Add cumin seeds and all the boiled veggies along with potato. smash them little. add all the powders.
  • Garnish it with coriander leaves. Finally add little lemon juice.
  • set it aside. let it cool before you place them in puff sheets.
Cut puff sheets in to rectangular shapes. place the veg mixture on the puff sheets.
Apply egg white on the edges and fold it as shown in the picture.
After folding also apply egg white on the top of each puff. just brush through some egg white to get good color and crispy puffs.
Place those sheets on aluminum foil so that it will not stick on the plate.

Bake it in oven for 15 mins in 450 degrees . your yummy puffs are ready

8 comments:

Unknown said...

shruthi...veg puffs are yummy

Rach said...

I seriously feel like making puffs at home now. Looks yummy!

Rach said...

Oh shruthi your puffs looks amazing! but, when I tried the puff pastry ( with egg masala filling) , it dint brown on top( I even baste it with egg white), it was not having the layers (well puffed) :( really it was a pity. No complaints about the taste( as the masala was simply superb). I'm still wondering how to get it right. The instructions were like to defrost for 2 hours or 2 min in the microwave, I did the same, but the pastry sheets were too wet and sticky, I had a tough time placing them on the baking tray. Is it required to place 2 or more layers one above the other? (I tried with 2 layers). Do give your inputs , so that next time I cake bake puffs perfectly.

Shruthi Hebbur said...

@rach.. u said ur pastry sheets were wet and sticky. do not defrost till it become wet. just 1 30-45 seconds should be good. it is not required to place one more layer on top of teh other....do this nxt time, i think it should come out good

Rach said...

Today, I tried again as per your instructions, but Its not puffing well :( If I tried to deforst for less, and the frost was still there... then the pastry would break... I guess, I should try with some other brand. or the ones which are not yet rolled out( which we have to roll out using rolling pin. Thanks Shruthi.

Rach said...

Shruthi, these puffs looks so simply superb and amazing,. I've tried so many times, even after ur guidlines, its a big time flop. At home , its in demand only coz if the superb filling that i make. But, very sad about my poorly puffed puffs :(

Shruthi Hebbur said...

@ rach

Thansk a lot for the lovely comments on my puffs. its been a very long time since i have done. i have a kitty party nxt week at my place. will do this again and remember you too

Rach said...

hahaha that nice :) I'm really feeling sad here coz I couldn't prepare excellent puffs like u have made it here. guess problem is with the puff pastry sheets that I use. It is too frogen and if i unroll it, it will break, if i defrost and then unroll its too wet and sticky :( Hope to get a recipe for puff, then I can make it on my own. These puffs looks so awesome here :)