This is made of Rice flour.Bilaavalagulu is called in Telugu and in Kannada it is Ujju rotti.
Back at home they use special Bilavalagalu maker itself( Pressser) for making this yummy tiffin. Soft and tasty. Any south Indian or North Indian curry goes with this soft rotis.
I made avrekaayi pithakapappu with this. Best combination ever...
Check out pithakapappu recipe- http://shrunil.blogspot.com/2008/07/peas-pithakapappu.html#links
Here the recipe goes....
Rice flour:- 1 cup
oil- 1 tspn
salt- 1/2 tspn
Water:- 1.5 cup
- Take some water in a deep vessel. Boil it by adding salt and oil.
- When the water starts boiling add rice flour slowly. Place a wooden stick in between the rice flour.
- Cover the lid by leaving some space for the steam to go.
- Leave it on a low flame for about 15 mins.
- Take out from the stove. Its time to stir properly when it is hot. Stir thoroughly with the wooden stick or any other spatula.
- Make small balls out of it and knead it as chapathi dough. Use rice flour and make it as small rotis carefully as shown below in the picture.( Dough will be softer than chapathi dough, So be careful in making rotis)
- Place the rotis on a pan on a medium flame and turn both the sides until it become little harder and golden brown.
- Enjoy these soft Bilaavalagalu with any curry