Source:- online- posted by shriya
I used to make normal palya(fry) with plantain and it was not that great taste. Finally found one masala spicy recipe that very well goes with dal and rice. We ( I and my Hubby) relished it so much.
- Plantain : 2
- Onion: 1
- Tomato: 1
- Ginger : 1″
- Garlic : 2-3
- Red Chili Powder : 2 tbsp
- Salt : required to taste
- Cut the plantain into two and pressure cook them for one whistle.
- Peel the skin and cut the plantain into small cubes. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion fry them till it becomes soft and add the tomatoes fry them for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Grind them along with ginger and garlic in to a paste
- Heat oil a pan and add the above grounded paste and fry for some time.
- And add salt and red chili powder and fry them till it becomes dry .
- Now add the plantain cubes and mix it gently with the masala .
- Fry them till it becomes crispier in a medium heat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve it hot with rice