I often buy tofu from Chinese store and use it as a substitute in place of paneer.
I used to make Tofu butter Masala. you can check the recipe in this blog too.
My friend shubha gave me this recipe. Thanks a lot SHUBHA. tried out for the first time and it was simply awesome, it tasted similar to my Aloo manchurian. Will soon post that link too in my blog.
- Firm tofu -1 pack
- Bell Pepper -1
- SoySauce-2 tsp
- Chilli garlic sauce- 3 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tspn
- Tomato sauce or ketchup - 1 tbsp
- White or black pepper-1 tspn
- Garlic- 6 flakes- chopped
- Corn Flour-1tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste-1tsp
- oil- For frying
- Cut tofu in to cubes. keep it aside
- Mix corn flour with ginger garlic paste,salt,pepper and little red chili powder with little water.
- (should be able to coat the tofu with this batter.So do not make it thin)
- Add oil in a deep pan. Fry the coated tofu in oil until the coated color become light red in color.. keep aside all the fried tofu cubes.
- Now add oil in a separate pan.Add chopped garlic, chopped onion and fry until translucent.Add salt while frying
- Add bell pepper and fry.
- Finally add soysauce,chilli sauce,tomato sauce/ketchup....if u want more spice add
- pepper powder.fry all this and once the bell pepper is cooked,add the fried tofu cubes and mix.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes more and off the gas.
- add coriander for garnishing...